Giuseppe Verdi – Nabucco – Rigoletto – Otello
Ravenna is an unmissable destination for history and art lovers: the mosaics of the ancient basilicas, Theoderic, Dante, and the many poets who sang the city, from Byron to Montale, participate in the beauty of Ravenna, layered with styles, experiences, and narratives. In Autumn Trilogy between Poets and Mosaics the great opera tradition meets the routes of art, history, literature, in a combination of tradition and modernity which gives life to a moving, unusual experience. An immersion between music and poetry, language and melodrama, the founding elements of Italy’s greatness, against the setting of the ancient capital and a land holding on to the values of hospitality and solidarity. The light and the images of the Byzantine and Early-Christian mosaics, UNESCO World Heritage, are the luminous backdrop of this theatrical and poetical experience of the Italian excellence.
Since 1990 Ravenna Festival takes its programme to the heart of the city, featuring all artistic languages. Every year, from May to July, Ravenna turns into a stage – from the ancient basilicas shining with mosaics to the theatres, from the historic buildings to the pine grove and the urban landscape – while the Festival comes back in Autumn with a special and ambitious project that alternates three different operas on the stage of the Alighieri Theatre, night after night. This year the Autumn Trilogy features three masterpieces created by the most beloved of the Italian composers: Giuseppe Verdi. Nabucco (November 23, 27, 30), Rigoletto (November 24, 28, and December 1), and Otello (November 25, 29, and December 2) reveal Verdi as a part of the landscape, the culture, the spirit, and the whole sentimental universe that infallibly conquers the visitor to the Emilia-Romagna region.
Inaugurated in 1852 with Giacomo Meyerbeer’s Roberto il diavolo, the Alighieri Theatre is a Neoclassical jewel designed by brothers Tomaso and Giovan Batista Meduna; the former also curated the restoration of the Teatro alla Fenice in Venice. Over almost two centuries of life, pit, stage, and stalls have welcomed personalities from all over the world. Nowadays the Theatre hosts a rich winter season and an intense programme of events, many of them dedicated to the young people; it is also one of the venues of the Ravenna Festival, showcasing – each summer – symphonic music, original productions, ballet, and much more, besides the extraordinary opera adventure of the Autumn Trilogy.
Autumn Trilogy between Poets and Mosaics
price per person starting from 189€* including:
- 2 nights in 3-star hotel in the city centre, double room, breakfast included (additional night 40€ per person, single room extra charge 20€);
- The ancient mosaics: visions of the Paradise guided tour of the UNESCO monuments;
- lunch or dinner in the city centre;
- ticket (stalls or box) for two of the Autumn Trilogy operas;
- guided tour of the Alighieri Theatre.
* Offer subject to availability, valid for stays between November 23 and December 2, 2018.
The package is completely customisable with additional services such as:
- pick up from and to airports or train stations;
- tickets for other monuments;
- guided tour of the Classense Library;
- Romagna Visit Card (romagnavisitcard.it);
- discounted tickets for one or more additional events of the Autumn Trilogy;
- choice among different kinds of accommodation;
- field trips in the hinterland;
- local product tasting, visits to wineries, cooking classes.